Published on April 6th, 2012 | by PrintPlace
No, we don’t close our eyes and throw a dart at the map to decide where to send something. Blind shipping lets you enter your return address on something that we print and ship. It’s the perfect way for you to provide your customers with the service they want without letting them know where you buy your printing. For example, if you’re a graphic designer, you can offer to print and ship business cards to your customer and they will only ever deal with you. When you select blind shipping, your return address appears on the shipping label, not ours.
Steps to ship blind:
- Place your order as normal: Log in to your account at PrintPlace.com, choose the product and options you want and then add the order to your shopping cart. Enter the shipping zip code to calculate the cost and choose your shipping method.
- Click the checkbox below the recipients address to enable blind shipping.
- Enter the address of the recipient (if you’ve shipped to them before, you can just choose them from your Address Book in the dropdown menu).
- Enter the return address as you want it to appear on the package (or choose your address from the Address Book dropdown list).
- Click the box at the bottom if you want to receive samples of the product at the blind address you just entered (the cost will appear to the right).
- When you’re done, click “Check Out” and proceed to paying and uploading your artwork.
We never include an invoice in our print order boxes (you can always print one from your account page on our website), so you don’t have to worry about your customers getting mixed messages. Everything will appear to have come from you and have your name on it.