Published on March 21st, 2012 | by PrintPlace0
How Long Does It Take to Print My Order with PrintPlace?
The time from when you place your order until you have it in your hands is split into two parts. The first is the turnaround time and the second is the shipping time. Turnaround is the amount of time from when your order is sent to press until it is printed, packed and ready to ship. Shipping time is the time it takes the carrier to get it from us to you. We have several options for both turnaround and shipping to meet your budget and time constraints.
Remember, the turnaround doesn’t start until your artwork is uploaded, you approve the proof and the order is sent to press. If you need an expedited turnaround of same-day or one-day you must approve the proofs by 12pm Central Time that day.
- Same Day: We’ll get your order printed and shipped on the same day you order it (as long as it’s sent to press by 12pm Central).
- One Day: Your order will be printed and shipped on the next business day (again, as long as you have it in by 12pm Central time).
- 2-7 Day: For additional savings you can choose a turnaround of 2, 3, 5 or 7 days. Note that is the number of business days, excluding weekends and Federal holidays.
- Ground: We ship via UPS and their ground service 1 to 5 business days to arrive.
- Expedited: You can choose to send the print order 2-day air, next business day or same day (provided UPS offers the service for your location from our production facility).
- Will-call: If you live in, or around, Arlington, Texas, you may be able to schedule your order for pick-up at our location.
So, to figure how long it will take to get your order you have to add the turnaround and the shipping time together along with any weekends or holidays that get in the way. If you order same-day turnaround and next-day shipping on a Monday morning, we’ll get your order to you by Tuesday, typically by 3pm. But, if you ask for a 3 day turnaround and ground shipping and place your order on a Wednesday afternoon, then you can count Thursday and Friday as the first two days, Monday will be the third day and your order will be ready to ship. Then UPS will deliver it in 1 to 5 days, so your Wednesday order could get to you anywhere from the next Tuesday to the Monday after that, which would be 12 calendar days (8 business days) later.
We’re committed to getting your order to you in the time you expect it, so we have an On-Time guarantee. If we don’t hit your turnaround time, we’ll upgrade your shipping at no cost to you so that you still get your order on time. If we can’t do that, we’ll refund any charges for upgraded turnaround to make it right.